With cases, hospitalizations, and deaths in Indiana and Hamilton County dramatically increasing along with Fishers moving to Risk Level 4 (Red: Severe Risk) our church will meet with the following guidelines in place. It’s our desire at Pennington Park Church to do everything we can to continue to meet in-person while making gatherings as safe of a place as possible to protect the health of our church and community. Below are some guidelines and information to know as we gather.
- Attendees will be seated with three seats (approximately 6 ft.) between each household. Upon checking in, ushers will escort you to your seat(s). Singles are welcome to sit with a family or small group member they’ve already been spending time with in-person.
- Please reserve seats for your household prior to arriving. Attendees will be seated in the Sanctuary on a first come, first served basis. Once the Sanctuary reaches capacity, attendees will be seated in the Multipurpose Room.
- Upon arrival, please enter the building and head into the Sanctuary. Door Hosts will greet you at the North and South doors of the Sanctuary to verify your seat reservation.
- In compliance with the City of Fishers Mask Mandate, all attendees who are five years of age or older will be required to wear a mask while in the building, including during the worship service. Please wear a mask that covers both your nose and mouth, fits securely under your chin, and can be secured by either ties or ear loops. Please avoid face coverings such as single-layered gaiters. CDC recommended face shields are acceptable if you have a health condition that prohibits wearing a face mask. If you do not have a face mask or forget yours, masks will be available outside of the entrance to our building. Learn more about recommended masks here.
- If fellowship takes place in the Sanctuary, Lobby, or any other place inside the building, we ask you to maintain six feet of distance at all times.
- If you experience an exposure to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or have been exposed and tested negative for COVID-19, we ask that you please remain at home for the recommended 14-day quarantine period and worship with us via livestream. If you do experience an exposure, we encourage you to let a staff member or elder know so that we can be praying for you and determine if anyone else at church should be contacted due to exposure.
- Children’s Ministry will not meet through the holiday season. Children are encouraged to join us for worship in the Sanctuary. Subscribe to our Children’s Ministry eNewsletter to receive weekly resources to help your child engage during the worship service.
We thank you in advance for taking these precautions seriously. We understand not all of these are convenient and might not even align with your personal preferences, but we ask you to follow the leadership of our church and city officials as we seek to put the good of others first. Thank you for your understanding, grace, and desire to serve one another during this time.
We want to provide you with updates and additional clarity as to how we are planning to move forward with worship services and ministry events.
Please watch our video about what worship will look like at Pennington Park Church.
We want to update you and provide additional clarity on how we are planning worship services and ministry events. Thank you for your patience as we navigate this challenging season.
Following the latest guidance from Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb and the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH), Pennington Park Church will not gather in person but will offer online Sunday morning worship services until further notice. All events and activities are currently on hold until further notice and we will provide updated event schedules once those resume.
You can watch from the comfort of your home on the Pennington Park Church website and Facebook beginning at 9:00am on Sunday, Mar. 22. Similar to every Sunday, you will be able to worship along with our worship team and listen to the preaching of God’s Word. The sermon will be available all day.
For this Sunday, March 15, 2020, Pennington Park Church will not gather in person. We will stream a Sunday morning worship service and make available on our church website live streaming and Facebook page, so that we can worship together as a church family in our respective homes.
In light of the rapidly-changing status of COVID-19 in Indiana, we will evaluate our plans early next week for future Sunday morning services. We are closely monitoring all information and guidance from officials with the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We will make decisions regarding future Sunday worship service gatherings on a week-to-week basis and will communicate those decisions by email and social media.
In addition, we are canceling all ministry related events until further notice. For small groups and Bible studies, we encourage you to explore other ways to meet via phone or video calls to continue ministering to, encouraging, and praying for one another in the weeks ahead.
As we’ve seen in the book of Nehemiah, the first step of God’s people in the midst of hardship is to pray and “remember the Lord, who is great and awesome”(4:14).
- Pray for the Lord to use this to help each of us to choose trust over panic, prayer over worry, wisdom over carelessness, and compassion over judgment
- Pray for those who are already affected by this
- Pray for the many medical professionals, public safety professionals, educators, missionaries, and others who are already affected or are preparing for a possible spread into Indiana
- Pray for the Lord’s protection from illness among our people
- Pray for gospel opportunities to come from this outbreak
- Pray for wisdom regarding ministry impact
The best source of information on COVID-19 is the CDC’s website. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for helping us keep Pennington Park a safe place to know Jesus and make Him known.